VECTA OMEGA-GOLD is a blend of specially selected vegetable oils including Flaxseed; for a high ratio of Omega 3 and Coconut Oil; for increased energy, flavour & aroma for a welcomed feed to horses.
OMEGA-GOLD consumption induces changes in metabolic composition which modulates the decrease in EMF (Erythrocyte Membrane Fluidity) induced by exercise and fatty acid composition by eventing horses.
Why Use VECTA OMEGA-GOLD Oil?
Oils have four main roles in the body, although for an oil to be most effective it must cater for all these elements of Omega 3:
1. Energy Production – The use of oils for energy preserves blood glucose levels, delaying the onset of fatigue.
2. Storage of fat soluble vitamins - Oils provide an important storage of energy and Vitamins A, D, E and K.
3. Formation of Hormones - Regulates inflammatory response and the function of the immune and reproductive systems.
4. Building Cell Membranes - Takes place throughout the body and includes skin, coat and blood cells. Oils have an essential role in making cell walls and membranes flexible, assisting blood flow, circulation and delivery of oxygen to muscles.
Why Is OMEGA-GOLD is More Effective Than Other Omega Oils?
Most Oils contain Omega 6 and 9 but no Omega 3. Those Oils that do possess Omega 3 generally provide only one of the three critical fatty acids:
· Linolenic Acid - This forces the horse’s metabolism to try and manufacture the other two vital fatty acids.
· Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) - A polyunsaturated fatty acid found in fish oils.
· Docosohexaenoic Acid (DHA) - .An Omega 3 fatty acid that is a primary structural component of brain, cortex, skin, spermatoza and retina.
This is a highly inefficient process and is unlikely at the recommended feeding rates for other oils that any benefit will be provided for horses. Omega 3 oils which only contain Linolenic Acid would have to be fed at 5-10 times the recommended rate or more, to have a similar effect of VECTA OMEGA GOLD - an expensive and impractical course.
5L - 25-30 Doses
20L - 100-120 Doses
1 Litre of OMEGA-GOLD Contains the following Active Constituents:
Scientific Reference List:
. The effects of dietary N-3 and antioxidant supplementation on erythrocyte membrane fatty acid composition and fluidity in exercising horses.
Portier K1, de Moffarts B, Fellman N, Kirschvink N, Motta C, Letellierw C, Ruelland A, van Erck E, Lekeux P, Couder J.
1 Equine Department, National Veterinary School of Lyon; Department for Functional Sciences,
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, Belgium.
 Anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic activities of virgin coconut oil.
Intahphuak S1, Khonsung P, Panthong A. 1 McCormick Faculty of Nursing, Payap University, Chiang Mai, Thailand.